Civil Partnership Divorce


Follow Us

FREE Initial Civil Partnership Divorce Advice

Your initial phone consultation with our Civil Partnership Dissolution team is FREE.

Call us today on
0800 1404544 or

email us

Civil Partnerships and Financial Settlements


The financial settlement reached on  civil partnership divorce depends on the circumstances of the parties involved and most importantly whether or not they have children. In the absence of an agreement between the civil partners, in determining differential settlement the court will consider the following:

  • Each partner’s personal assets (including property and pensions) and income
  • Each partner’s financial obligations
  • The length of the civil partnership itself
  • The standard of living enjoyed by both partners during the civil partnership
  • Any disadvantage caused to one party by the ending of the partnership
  • Significant contributions to the upkeep of the family home

The court will also consider any pre-partnership agreement (equivalent to a prenuptial agreement). The court's main aim is to award a fair settlement between both parties.


In reaching a financial settlement, the court has a variety of orders they can make – as in divorce. These include lump-sum payments, maintenance orders, property adjustment orders and pension splitting, offsetting and earmarking.

What is the procedure for dealing with financial issues?
Again, in broad terms, the legal process for dealing with a financial settlement arising out of a civil partnership dissolution is the same as in divorce.


The simplest, cheapest and quickest way to resolve financial issues is to come to an amicable agreement with your civil partner. If you do, that agreement can be formalised in what is known as a Consent Order – a legally binding agreement approved by the court. You will need a specialist Civil Partnership Solicitor to draft the consent order for the court approval – we strongly recommend that you involve a solicitor in any negotiations – so you really know the long-term repercussions of what you want to agree to.


However, if you and your partner are unable to come to an agreement with the help of specialist solicitors, you will need to take the matter to court for a decision to be made about how to divide your assets.


Concerned about a financial settlement in your Civil Partnership Dissolution? Contact us today

For FREE initial phone advice about how our  Civil Partnership Solicitors can help you:

  • call 0800 1404544 or
  • use the contact form below:
* Required


 Civil Partnership Pension – UK Solicitors specialising in dealing with pensions in Civil Partnership Divorces
Bonallack & Bishop Solicitors (76483) – authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority


         Civil Partnership Lawyers    


Copyright © Civil Partnership Divorce. All rights reserved.
about this ad